Your opinion on new printer for my particular circumstance.

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LAinFL
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Your opinion on new printer for my particular circumstance.
Dec 18, 2012

Let me give the back-story first.  Had been using an HP all-in-one printer for over 10 years that finally caved.  It used one tri-color and one black ink cartridge and I would often not need to print anything for up to two to three weeks.   Though not a top-notch photo printer, it did print a couple of images that won local contests a couple of times.

Additional info – computer OS is Windose 7; camera an 8 yr old superzoom that would be replaced by a big upgrade if it wasn’t for the cost.

To the heart of the post, I need to replace the dead printer and would really like to ‘upgrade’.   A printer would be for both text and image printing.   Presently I’m looking at the Epson R3000 and R2000 (both going for $599; the $799 R3000 has a rebate of $200).   Right now for me it’s a lot of $$ but here is my biggest concern.   Since any printer I might have, could sit for a few weeks not used, --

would an upgrade lto one of these better printers be suitable or wise, given the way I use a printer?  Any drawbacks?

I appreciate any comments.  Please understand that I can not immediately respond back as I have recently moved, not yet connected to the www and using a friends computer.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you provide.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow