Would You Buy AN Olympus E-P3?

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ian_labay
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Re: Bought mine use and I love it!
In reply to Christian Grevstad, Dec 18, 2012

Christian Grevstad wrote:

I just ordered an E-P3 myself. Extremely psyched about it. It's a camera I bought just for fun, and purely for my photo-fetishism

I've also bought an orange Gariz-skin that I will add once I've tested the black version for a while:

http://www.amazon.com/Gariz-Leather-DD-LSOR-Olympus-Orange/dp/B008S7BTCA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355823233&sr=8-2&keywords=gariz+e-p3

I was gonna wait till it dropped a little more, but I finally decided to pull the trigger, and not wait. I've been thinking about it for a good month, and it was accually Robin Wong's comment that put me over the edge. Not that I completely agree, but he's right to an extent.

The thing that I absolutely adore about the E-P3 - and I 've always seen it as an outdated and ridiculously overprised camera - is the icredible tactile feel. It completely unlike anything else m43 can offer. It just feels luxurious, lush and fantastic in the hand. And, well, as a lover of photography and cameras, that is really worth something.

I bought mine used and don't regret it one bit. You described the exact reason of why I ended up buying this "outdated" piece of jewel. Something about the quality heft, metal body, the control dials, and most of all, the shutter sound Makes my Pannys sound like crap!

-- hide signature --

'Make it so'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow