ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chekist
Senior MemberPosts: 2,381Gear list
Like?
Any reason to look at M8
Dec 18, 2012

Hi all,

I am new to Leica - never owned one. That being said I like good quality lenses and have used M-mount lenses from Leica, Ziess, Voigtlander for few years on mirrorless cameras. For travel I just switched to Fuji X-E1. But despite the dedicated adapter, the camera has nothing to assist MF lens users (there is magnification I guess). The best camera I have owned for MF lenses was GXR, which had two peaking modes, second best Sony NEX5n.

But despite peaking, focusing M-mount lenses on those cameras was still slow, hit-and-miss endeavor. This is why I was looking at some rangefinders as possible alternative, not to replace but to supplement X-E1. Despite its age M8 is still quite an expensive camera. I wanted to get frank option from some M8 users about its capabilities by todays standards. I am sure I would appreciate the quality of Leica, but I am chiefly interested in the result.

-- hide signature --
 chekist's gear list:chekist's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Sony RX100 II Olympus PEN E-PL1 +2 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow