Wish list for OMD-E-M6

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
cameron2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
Re: Agree with others about smaller focus point, but the big arena needing improvement is video.
In reply to Corkcampbell, Dec 18, 2012

Corkcampbell wrote:

I'm not saying it has to be a GH3, but perhaps hacked, or even unhacked, GH2? I have two OM-D bodies which I prefer to carry, but am often finding myself taking along a GH2 for video reasons. A two year-old camera should be on ebay, not in my bag.

Maybe the GH2 is just a good camera

I have no complaint about stills from the OM-D, and I also have no - wait for it - here it comes - complaint (yes, that's NO complaint) about the menu system which everyone seems scared of...I've even heard it described as "deal-breaker" by some who have never owned or spent time with the camera.

This is an area that could be improved dramatically by:

* Allowing the menus and settings to be exported to and imported from a computer (or even accessed wirelessly from a tablet);

* Providing a program on the computer that could completely tailor the menus and settings, e.g. "when in P mode, this button will .."

The problem seems to be as much that they're trying to make the customization a capability of the camera, instead of off-loading that to a more capable device (e.g. something with a real UI and a mouse)

cameron2's gear list:cameron2's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow