Reasons for EVF Please!

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alex P Scorsch
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Tourist ???
In reply to WCguy, Dec 18, 2012

Sometimes looking like a tourist can work to your favor. people are used to everybody taking tons of photos and really pay no attention to amateur "tourist" types, but when they see a "Pro Camera Rig" they get all uptight and afraid, pose or even get afraid that "they might get into trouble". Street vendors without licenses, criminals, wife-cheaters, bag people all get uptight - to name a few - Hahahahaha! When you look like a pro, some people think that they're entitled to charge money to get their photo taken, especially when traveling in exotic places. The bigger your camera, the more money they want. The RX-1 lends itself perfectly to taking unobtrusive photos. Getting back on subject, I'm doing quite well without a EVF, but I ordered one anyway. I just thought that I might need one as I am accustomed to using DSLR's.  Mine is coming today via Sony and Fedex. When you spend almost $3,000 on a pro camera you might as well get the whole kit. My sunshade is on hold - spent too much money this month, but I'll be getting that at some time in the future especially for use with video production. Cheers.

Alex P Scorsch's gear list:Alex P Scorsch's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow