Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oysteinvidnes
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Some shots from the Voigtländer 17.5
Dec 18, 2012

I've been reading these forums since I bought an OM-D and a few lenses in May. I don't take photos for a living, just for fun, and I've enjoyed the camera immensely. The lens I've used the most is perhaps actually the Voigtländer Nokton 17.5 f/0.95. It just has a very unique look, and is very versatile: quite sharp and with a unique "look" wide open, amazing low light performance (of course), an almost non-existent near focus limit, and very sharp when stopped down for landscapes.

Some of these pictures has been taken wide open with an ND-filter, some not. Shot raw, processed with Lightroom.

A Traveller [flickr]

One of the comments on my pictures asked wether I thought this lens was worth buying, despite its size. What I said, in short: I've never had a lens that I have enjoyed so much using. I've become fan of the 35mm eq. focal length and I keep being amazed by this lens - and the camera. You will probably get similar results from an excellent f1.9-lens on a full frame camera or an excellent f1.4-lens on an APS-C-camera. The Sony RX1 compact is actually an alternative (the camera weighs 60 g less than the voigtländer lens alone), but it's very expensive. A Nikon 600D with a Nikon 35 mm f2.0 weighs 920 g, which is about the same as an OM-D with the Voigtländer 17.5. But when taking into account that you need a few lenses in your bag, micro four thirds still makes a lot of sense. But most importantly: ... is fun and visually satisfying.

There's Always a Way In 

Withered Hip [flickr]

Waiting For the Bus (Ålesund) [flickr]

Løfsebaking [flickr]

Lundebotn [flickr]

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes [flickr]

Summer Hat (Lisbon) [flickr]

Halle (Saale)

Walking in Dreams [flickr]

Happiness Multiplied [flickr]

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow