Huge group shot, looking for feedback on ideas.

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
The Battery
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Re: Huge group shot, looking for feedback on ideas.
In reply to The Battery, Dec 18, 2012

Now my measly 30 people shot dosent seem that bad! I'll try to answer as many of the points as i can:
For flashes, I have 2 Yongnuo 460ii's (i know, not very powerfull) and one SB700. I'm not sure how much more powerful the SB700 is then the Yongnuo's but I could put those two togeather on one umbrella and the SB700 in the other... Or, I could gang all three up in one umbrella and have it directly above and behind me...
I like the idea of small groups within the group. I think i'll do it both ways, i'll start by arranging them in rows for a more traditionl/formal shot and then let them group up (it's a huge family shot made up of smaller famlies so that should be pretty natural)

As for finding a hill, I live in Delaware, and we're taking the picture on a farm. No hills. The biggest elevation difference we have is a pot-hole in the road ;D

I'll look into getting a step ladder or i'll use a bench.

Thanks again to all for the help! I'm doing this the 26th so i'll post a follow up with how it went!

The Battery's gear list:The Battery's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow