Huge group shot, looking for feedback on ideas.

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
The Battery
The Battery OP Regular Member • Posts: 194
Re: Huge group shot, looking for feedback on ideas.

Now my measly 30 people shot dosent seem that bad! I'll try to answer as many of the points as i can:
For flashes, I have 2 Yongnuo 460ii's (i know, not very powerfull) and one SB700. I'm not sure how much more powerful the SB700 is then the Yongnuo's but I could put those two togeather on one umbrella and the SB700 in the other... Or, I could gang all three up in one umbrella and have it directly above and behind me...
I like the idea of small groups within the group. I think i'll do it both ways, i'll start by arranging them in rows for a more traditionl/formal shot and then let them group up (it's a huge family shot made up of smaller famlies so that should be pretty natural)

As for finding a hill, I live in Delaware, and we're taking the picture on a farm. No hills. The biggest elevation difference we have is a pot-hole in the road ;D

I'll look into getting a step ladder or i'll use a bench.

Thanks again to all for the help! I'm doing this the 26th so i'll post a follow up with how it went!

The Battery's gear list:The Battery's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow