Open air concert - z990

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
RotBart
Regular MemberPosts: 392
Like?
Re: Open air concert - z990
In reply to PaulM2, Dec 18, 2012

PaulM2 wrote:

Great work with the z-990. I too have been impressed with this camera, when it comes to its IS.

I have followed your post, reading about the use of RAW. Most of my other cameras are Olympus and I shoot all the DSLR's in RAW. Much to my surprise after I received my z-990, was to find that that most of the RAW software in the market did not handle the Kodak version.

I use Adobe "ACR", "LightZone" and "Sagelight". Sagelight will handle Kodak RAW, the others do not. The one thing that I found, was that like you, the EXIF was not correct. Some thing in the RAW software?

What software did yoi use for the Kodak RAW? I know that Picassa and Faststone will let you view a Kodak Raw, and I think that when you save in each, you convert to a .jpg. Not sure about edits.

I also use PSE11, hence the Adobe ACR software. Just for fun, I download your image of the native fellow/solo singer and ran it in PSE11 using the enhance tab, Light and shadow. Try it, makes the image pop.

Again, a nice approach shooting in RAW and Manual, working with what the camera provides. You should be very satisfied with your results.

Paul

Thank you, Paul

I'm using Picasa for my KDC files. My procedure: Open the file with Picasa and then save it (without any PP) applying "save as". If I want to do any PP, I afterward use FastStone basicaly for adjust exposure or add some contrast. For denoising I'm using Neat Image.

FastStone do not open Kodak RAW files. I tried with IrfanView and RawTherapee. Both open de KDC files, but Picasa is easier if you are not doing strong PP.

Happy holidays

-- hide signature --

Gerardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow