Would I be happy with a Panasonic G5? or..

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jákup
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Would I be happy with a Panasonic G5? or..
Dec 18, 2012

Hi all,

I'm new to the m43 forum, and I hope you can help me. I can't decide what camera to get. I have a limited budget of about 1.100 euro and I'm looking for a new camera that will cover most of my needs.

What I mostly will be using the camera for is family pictures & portraits(have 2 small kids), video, landscapes, making HDR pictures (not in camera) and as a low priority animals in nature. A good video mode, that can take MP4 for easy sharing is pretty important to me.

I have a good eye on a Panasonic G5 + 14-42mm X lens + PL 25mm f1.4. (maybe later buy a telezoom lens).

My camera history is this in the order(some I have owned at the same times):

Canon A70, A95 and EOS 20D(Tamron 17-50mmF2.8+sigma EX 15-30mm+50mmf1.8)

Panasonic FZ28, ZX1 and FZ150

Sony RX100 (sold it because I hated the controls/menu system, highlight clipping and more).

The question is....will I be happy with a Panasonic G5? Or will I be disappointed with the camera output compared to f.ex. Canon 20D and Sony RX100?

Other suggestions to a system, that will suit me, are more then welcome.....been also looking at E-PM2, E-PL5. But also other systems then m43?

Jákup

-- hide signature --

My galleries - www.flickr.com/jakupfr

Jákup's gear list:Jákup's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow