Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smafdy
Regular MemberPosts: 494Gear list
Like?
Fuji X System sensor and rendering of the green channel
Dec 18, 2012

I'm a lurker in this forum. I’d love to own one of the Fuji X series, but we can’t own them all (at least some of us can’t). Nonetheless, that doesn’t stop me from recognizing a good camera system when I see one.

A few days ago, I wanted to reply to a thread in here that was basically complaining about image quality of XE-1images, Fuji’s sensor, rendering of green and/or green foliage, etc. I wanted to comment then, but I was on someone else’s computer and didn’ have my password, so I’ll restart that thread, here.

IMO the Fuji X line of cameras is world class. They excel, particularly, as far as I can see, in one very important aspect of photography: the B&W image.

B&W is the true art space of photography. I don’t know why, but most of the artistically best photos I have ever seen are B&W.

The Fuji X system outshines almost all others in this format.

Their color output might upset some, but most color shots are snaps.

Fuji X System owners, realize what your tools do well, and focus on it.

If B&W isn’t your primary format of output, but into something else, Otherwise, realize what a fine tool y’all have, and shoot with that strength in mind.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow