Maxxum 7D, first day of my first DSLR.

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sonnarman
Regular MemberPosts: 404Gear list
Like?
Re: Maxxum 7D, first day of my first DSLR.
In reply to yihlee, Dec 18, 2012

Welcome to the land time is slowly learning to forget! Of course there are some users out there whose biggest regret was that Minolta never got the chance to develop and flourish the 7D and other designs they would have brought to the market should their financial stars have been better placed!

Many said of Sony's acquisition of the Minolta DNA that it would wither and die.

Yet still an admittedly small number remain as semi and quite regular posters to what has been a most remarkable forum; one characterised by good manners, thoughtful and logical support and above all, a place where one of the best designs in DSLR technology could be showcased.

I don't see many 10D or 20D Canonians, or early Nikonians either for that matter still happy to have a 6 or 7 year old body ready to use, as do some of us here.

Yes, I do love the direction Sony are taking this key tool, but the allure of the 7D is akin to a really good wine; always fits the hand logically, delivers great images with good glass, and makes a good option when your new A77 suddenly needs to go to the bathroom! (love the built-in time-lapse too - made a movie with that feature (and a breath of Adobe After-effects) last week.

A77 sat there, hoping to get that feature, maybe.

Good thing is they will always share glass!

Happy shooting. Love your images.

-- hide signature --

Sonnarman

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow