Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
RTIMD
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX EVF made me dizzy
In reply to fquails, Dec 18, 2012

fquails wrote:

Hi All,

I've been lusting for the NEX 7 for a while now, hoping to supplement my 5n and Nikon DSLRs. I tested the 7 (and the 6) yesterday at the store, and was disappointed to learn that viewing through the EVF made me dizzy/nauseated, and gave me a slight headache. I found the EVF too contrasty, and felt like I was looking at an overly harsh and uncalibrated monitor.

I wear glasses for distance, and have astigmatism (unable to use contact lenses). I was inside the store, with fluorescent lights...not sure if it's the lighting, or my eyes are just not compatible with EVF technology. Unfortunately, it was not possible to test outside the building.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing, or have heard/read about something similar.

Perhaps I should wait until EVF technology improves further. I really wanted the 7 to replace my Nikon D700/D200/D7K for landscape photography. The 5n is great, but not too happy with the LCD screen as my poor eyes can't focus too well on close objects---not to mention that I can't see anything on the LCD screen in bright sun.

If you shoot raw, I recommend turning down contrast and saturation in your picture mode menu, be it "Standard" or any other kind. It will have no effect on your raw, but you'll have a flatter image with higher details in the shadows.

RTIMD's gear list:RTIMD's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow