Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,434Gear list
Like?
Re: Mike.. SilkyPix overview and processing steps..
In reply to Ronomy, Dec 18, 2012

Ronomy wrote:

Hi Mike,

When you open RAW files each ISO has its own default settings for noise reduction that just seem to work. You could just load the RAW file and select auto white balance and then output to jpg. It loads using in camera white balance and you could just leave it set to all default. Eventually you could lower noise reduction a little for a little more detail and or increase sharpness. It seems to get false color right so don't touch that slider.

I tried using the SE version again and not even close to what you can do with 5.0 Pro. This version just seems to have defaults that look best for the Panasonic cameras. Somebody created defaults for all the models in the list. That's the benefit over ACR or lightroom but you can get great results with ACR too but it takes a little more work.

Thanks Ron, you've explained that very clearly. The work involved now sounds as time-effective as with the simple software I am used to, and the reliabiliity so good that an amateur like me might not bother to save the very large original RAW files once converted, even though that might be unthinkable for a pro. I'm unlikely to go via TIF files I think.

I've not checked what happens to burst mode in RAW yet, as the camera is not yet here.

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow