Image Resizing - 72 ppi to 300 with a batch of files?

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
7DJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Image Resizing - 72 ppi to 300 with a batch of files?
Dec 18, 2012

I did a Christmas shoot for a family at church and I have created 2 files with their images converted from RAW to JPG, with one file for "Full Resolution" and the other "Email size".

I have noticed that my Canon 7D must output all my files to 72 ppi. For the purpose of printing, I would like to convert the Full Resolution file pictures to 300 ppi. I have noticed that this will still allow them to print fairly large size pictures (11X16 or less).

If I go into the Image Resize panel of CS5, uncheck the "Resample Image" box and change the 72 ppi to 300 this works.

My question to everyone on the Forum is this: can I do the above action with a batch of pictures? In my case, I have 75 finished prints that I would like to convert?

I noticed that under File, Scripts and then Image Processor there is a way batch change files to a higher quality JPG format (1-12), but this does not change the Resolution from 72 ppi to 300.

Thanks......Expedient responses will greatly be appreciated!!!!!

7DJoe's gear list:7DJoe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow