Image Resizing - 72 ppi to 300 with a batch of files?

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
7DJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
Image Resizing - 72 ppi to 300 with a batch of files?
Dec 18, 2012

I did a Christmas shoot for a family at church and I have created 2 files with their images converted from RAW to JPG, with one file for "Full Resolution" and the other "Email size".

I have noticed that my Canon 7D must output all my files to 72 ppi.  For the purpose of printing, I would like to convert the Full Resolution file pictures to 300 ppi.  I have noticed that this will still allow them to print fairly large size pictures (11X16 or less).

If I go into the Image Resize panel of CS5, uncheck the "Resample Image" box and change the 72 ppi to 300 this works.

My question to everyone on the Forum is this:  can I do the above action with a batch of pictures?  In my case, I have 75 finished prints that I would like to convert?

I noticed that under File, Scripts and then Image Processor there is a way batch change files to a higher quality JPG format (1-12), but this does not change the Resolution from 72 ppi to 300.

Thanks......Expedient responses will greatly be appreciated!!!!!

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow