Has digital camera development hit the wall?

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,731
Like?
Re: Has digital camera development hit the wall?
In reply to Tom Caldwell, Dec 18, 2012

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Yes you don't have to have a mobile phone to take trivial images. For some time I have used a R4 or the GRD to document things.

For example: that tricky wired up appliance full of springs and levers and undocumanted wiring. Just take a photograph at intervals of the process and putting it all back together is literally "a snap". Much better than pencil drawings on a scrap piece of paper. But a mobile phone camera does this just as well.

Of course, a cellphone can take very useable photos of the wiring when you take the motor out of the furnace or something like that. You can see the colors and where the wires are connected. All hunky dory. But if you want to take pictures of your great Aunt when she visits at Christmas, that 'good enough' phone cam is not good enough.

I've taken many a snap of my son, just spur of the moment or to go with a text, using my iPhone 4s - but none of them are worthy of being printed IMO. All these cellphone camera apps are very amusing with all their settings and photo styles but there's not enough to work with to make them really more than little gimmicks.

-- hide signature --

Do people really spend $700 on a camera so they can take a picture of a squirrel or a duck?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow