When will DPR update their outdated, difficult to use gallery software?

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mutatron
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
When will DPR update their outdated, difficult to use gallery software?
Dec 18, 2012

Almost any photographic site you go to will have better gallery software than DPR. The UI for the galleries here seems to be at least 10 years old. Newer galleries are much easier to use, with larger thumbnails, smoother operation, and easier access to larger sizes.

DPR's gallery software is so bad, I don't even use it most of the time. Clearly this is very much a First World Problem, but when it takes numerous clicks to look at each photo, I just don't have the patience after using galleries that only require one click to go from one photo to the next.

Even looking at photos in a forum post is better than the DPR galleries. At least there they all load up at once, and you can just scroll down the page to view. One click gets you to the next largest size, and one more click gets you the original size on a new page. Excellent UI there, congratulations to whoever programmed that!

Come on DPR, Ajax has been around since 2005, I don't think you have to worry anymore that people aren't going to have browsers that can keep up with that, IE6 is all but dead. And now we have HTML5 and CSS3 - it's time to modernize your gallery software!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow