Anyone saw photos taken with the DA560mm ???

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ian Stuart Forsyth
Senior MemberPosts: 1,458Gear list
Like?
Re: Dominique...
In reply to leopold, Dec 17, 2012

leopold wrote:

Bonjour,

when i bought my Pentax-67 M*400mm/4 in 2008 i did take a look at the Nikon 200-400mm, it's an interesting lens with an APS-C camera. But when i found my Pentax 400mm for a good price i decided to give it a try instead of going with Nikon.

But i might go that route or a 500mm/4 eventually if the price of the DA560 stay high

The one thing with the DA560 is the Minimum focusing distance... sure you can use an Ext. tubes but i prefer a lens that already focus close.

I don’t mind that limit it’s the F5.6 and using it at dusk I have used the bigma which is not too much slower and at dusk it was very limited it what I could shoot with success. I feel if it were a 400 F4 It would be something I would have sprung on,  it’s fast enough with a 1.4 conv 560mm F6 for use in good light and when shooting at dusk one could take of the conv and still have something for lower light and sports a 400mm F4

When I seen the price of the 560 I went with the 200-400 VRII.

With a 1.7 conv it’s as sharp as my sigma 300 2.8  (I might even say its sharper) and the versatility of the 200-400 is worth its weight in gold.

-- hide signature --

The Camera is only a tool, photography is deciding how to use it.
The most important piece of equipment in photography is the lens cap, if used incorrectly all your photo will be under exposed.
The hardest part about capturing wildlife is not the photographing portion; it’s getting them to sign a model release

Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list:Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow