Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
flyingeagle
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Good luck.
In reply to GMack, Dec 17, 2012

GMack wrote:

And let us know your outcome.

I was just reading Roger CiCala of Lensrentals blog about Nikon. Seems they doubled their fees since April 1 when they shut off their parts supplies to the independents. They made top repair costs now in his list and have gone up more in the later part of this year over their averages posted.

Gets good about 2/3 way down the page: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/09/lensrentals-repair-data-january-july-2012

Quote from above link: "Nikon, I love the cameras. I love the prices on the cameras. But Nikon USA’s repair and service sucks and is getting worse."

That part of $1,800 for a D800 sensor replacement isn't reassuring either. D800E must be $2,300 then. Ridiculous. Stuff is getting trashcan worthy if busted. May as well buy the cheaper greys foreign with a two year warranty on the body over the USA 1 year and send it off to whatever country you bought it from instead of paying their new "Impact damaged" fees. The 5 year USA lens warranty is becoming worthless other than a questionable sales pitch.

Welcome to the "New Nikon USA. More improved to bleed every bloody last cent outta ya."

Mack

That's another thing I wanted to mention. As soon Nikon stops selling parts to independent repair facilities, they bump up their repair prices. Coincidence? I think not. This is obviously one of their newer business model that's coming from higher ups. I work professional and get asked for recommendation on gears all the time. If I can steer at least 10 people away from purchasing Nikon in the future. They've already lost more money than they would get from the repairs.

flyingeagle's gear list:flyingeagle's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow