Ken Rockwell: Don't buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Antal I Kozma
Contributing MemberPosts: 881Gear list
Like?
Re: Ken Rockwell: Don't buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.
In reply to Click Click Rizzy, Dec 17, 2012

Mr. Rockwell has to write articles, with value or without, from time to time. That is his chosen "profession". That is what feeds his family. He seems like managing well. He "feeds" fledging photographers with "valuable information of his own" and in return his family gets fed by every visitors' click on his site. I admire him as one who can make a living out of almost nothing. He is good at doing business. As of photography? Well, many amateurs on this forum could be just as knowledgeable as him.

Is he right on the mid range zoom subject? Yes and no. Depending on who you ask and under what circumstances. However, he needs to write. His site has to be "fresh", controversial and provoking. That attracts web traffic, therefore, his advertisers keep paying him. Business as usual.

I have given up on his "expertise" very-very long time ago. I only know that he is still doing fine from postings like; "Ken Rockwell says....."

Cheers, AIK

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow