Getting Nex-6, should I sell the power zoom?

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
myDingling
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Getting Nex-6, should I sell the power zoom?
Dec 17, 2012

Hi guys, I'll be getting the Nex-6 tomorrow after returning my 5R (which I loved but I decided I really needed the EVF). My concern now though is the Power Zoom kit lens. I'm wondering if I should sell it on ebay and buy another setup. Here's what I'm thinking

My shooting: low light bar venues, family snapshots, portraits, street, and videos

Option 1: Sell PZ, buy Sigma 30mm and maybe SEL18-55 for video

Pros are that I maintain compactness with the sigma 30 and video when needed. Cons are that I get no PDAF with the sigma (which would be my main lens most likely).

Option 2: Sell PZ, buy SEL35F18

Pros are that I get a nice all purpose prime lens with OSS (and maybe PDAF with FW update someday). Cons are cost and no option for wide angle shooting if I need it (might have to resort to panorama mode when the urge arises).

I'm leaning towards option 1 at the moment but I'm wondering if you guys had any advice. Maybe I can be convinced to keep the PZ as well (though IQ and battery for the motor are of concern to me). Is the sigma 30 all it's cracked up to be?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow