Oly 45mm versus 60mm

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,205Gear list
Like?
Re: Terrifice Bowzy. maybe the 45 is a touch more contrasty. BUT what i ...
In reply to FrankParis, Dec 17, 2012

I'm a writer.

I understand the difference between texting, email, Op-eds for small town papers, and university press manuscripts.

You, sir, do not seem to understand the difference between casual play with a camera, which can be fun, and serious macro work, which I imagine can also be.

You have not hurt my feelings at all. You simply seem to have difficulty getting outside your own head. I never intended to demonstrate how good the macro capabilities of the Oly 60 lens were (I leave that to persons like you); I simply wanted to show how close the lens could focus, which I did.

It was fun, which is more than I can say for this tiresome display of your macro capacities and knowledge. If you want to help make my case about the lens' flexibility by showing your fine macro work, I welcome it, Frank.  But this forum needs fewer crusaders who stir up conflict where it contributes nothing.

I had nothing at stake in the eye photo.  Consider it a quick "text" if that metaphor works for you.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Fujifilm X-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow