Help with Equipment for Cycle trip please.

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nic Christie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,188Gear list
Like?
Help with Equipment for Cycle trip please.
Dec 17, 2012

Ok,

I currently have a EP-3 and various lenses and a phone that can take picture ( although not that well) I NEED some help. do I take the EP-3 and say the 20mm, buy something else smaller lighter? I also was looking at uploading pictures to my blogsite at the end of each day. now I don't intend to take a laptop as will be carrying everything myself and can't see that I can connect the camera to the phone? do I go for a good phone camera? is there one? do I go for the new Samsung that has it's own internet link? HELP! Below is the reasons why this is so important.

At the end of September 2012 I cycled from Portsmouth 2 Penzance (Lands End) solo and unsupported. My intention, to raise as much money as possible for Children In Need and to complete the journey in a week. This was also be a personal challenge for me as before I created this site I haven't been a cycling in years, have a prolapsed disc, am 47 years old and a bit over weight ! well a lot really. Well I  raised over £800.In preparation for this l also did the Randonee (round the IOW in a day, cycled 70 miles )

-- hide signature --

'The decisive moment'....
Always appears to happen when I'm not looking !!!!!
http://p2p-picnic4u.blogspot.co.uk/
PEN EP-3 ( two of these in Black ) 20 mm 1.7 , 45mm 1.8, 14mm 2.5 and 40-150 R : FL-36R Flash
http://www.flickr.com/photos/picnic4you/
Pic-nic4u

Nic Christie's gear list:Nic Christie's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow