How would you light this kitchen?

Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jarvis393
Contributing MemberPosts: 520
Like?
What kind of lights would you use for raking cabinet faces?
In reply to Barrie Davis, Dec 17, 2012

Barrie,

I got to thinking about your response here.  You gave me this advice a couple of years ago but at the time I couldn't figure out how to manage the light that went where I didn't want it to be.  It never occurred to me that I could later take it out in post processing.

I have been learning photoshop lately and I can finally see what you were talking about.  That being said I have some new questions.

The type of light we are talking about doesn't need to be real intense.  We're not trying to illuminate the room per se but rather just introduce some shadow.  So what kind of light would do the job here?

More specifically, since this would be continuous lighting is there a way to integrate it with speedlites?  If so,  what kind of bulb should I use so that I can keep the color of the light to be similar to the daylight from my (canon) speedlights?  Or should I try to gel one of the fixtures to color correct it to the other?

I am trying to keep the kit that I drag along with me as small as possible so that is why I am looking for suggestions re: the continuous lighting.

Thanks for any help here,

Jarvis

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow