ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Travel_G
Contributing MemberPosts: 748Gear list
Like?
Looking for a 13x19 solutions, advice please
Dec 17, 2012

Hi All,

My name is Guillaume, I've been lurking this forum for  a while but I think it's the first time I actually write something in it so a "Hello" is in order.

After months of negociations I finally manage to secure an office space at home (Hurray). I am now looking at getting a printer.

The first thing to know is that I live in South Chile, so I have a limited access to products in the national market and importing isn't an option due to prohibitive shipping cost (and a rather strict and annoying import law).  I am looking at a 13" solution as I can't justify the price of a 17" printer.

I print both B&W and colours with a preference for the former.

In B&W my print sizes are 20x25 cm, 30x40 cm 30x45cm and 25x25cm & 30x30cm, principally matt.

In colour I'd like to be able to print some 30x40-30x45 cm with decent quality (poping colour) for interior decoration and gifts to friends + any size that my wife require for her family scrapbook projects.

My main "high quality" colour print sizes are 40x60-45x60-40x50 cm and panos so I'll continue with my online services for that part.

The dedicated photos printers available to me in my price range are the Epson 1430, the R2000. Still for the same price I could go a different route which is a Canon Pixma IX6510 (13" CMYK+K) + CIS and an EPSON workforce T1100 with a quadtone CIS (it has been mentionned in this forum as a viable solution for B&W printing).

I am leaning towards the two printers set-up but I don't really know if it s a wise choice so any advice welcome.

Some remarks: With regards to Ink cost I am looking to fit CIS in anything that will come my way (not sure if the R2000 accept that). I am willing to put the hours tinkering set up profiles etc... it's all part of the fun. I run Linux but could run a Win machine for photo purposes.

So what makes more sense to you? The sole dedicated phto printer or the  2 printers solution.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-- hide signature --
 Travel_G's gear list:Travel_G's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T110
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow