Datacolor 4 Spyder & Windows 8

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,245Gear list
Like?
Re: Datacolor 4 Spyder & Windows 8
In reply to BenMV, Dec 17, 2012

I've got a Spyder3 running Spyder3Elite version 4 on Windows 8 Pro and I didn't have any issues getting it to work.

There are only two hiccups I have run into, but not game stoppers:

1. Upon installation of the software, it initially could not find my sensor.  But this was due to the sensor already being plugged in while the software was being installed.  Unplugging the sensor and plugging back in the software recognized the sensor and worked like a charm.  This occurred on Windows 7 as well, so it isn't Windows 8 specific.  Plus, I have had this occur for several other USB hardware devices so it isn't Datacolor specific.
  2. Upon reboot or power on, I don't always see the pop up window that comes up on each monitor showing what profile is being applied.  On Windows 7, when this occurred I can actually see the profile being applied work since my colors will shift slightly.  This gave me a sign the profiles were being applied appropriately.  With Windows 8, since I don't see the start up popup window showing profiles have been applied I usually end up opening the profile chooser to verify the profiles are in fact being used.  Selecting the appropriate profile then and refreshing doesn't show a difference, so I assume it is being applied.  I will only see a shift if I change profiles then go back to the appropriate one, which is a definite confirmation the profiles are being properly applied.  I've also verified the right profiles are set as the default profile within Windows display settings (I didn't set this, but found it this way).  So I am not sure if it is because of the new tile UI that the pop up window isn't seen every time upon start up.  I have verified that the Spyder Utility monitor that resides in the notification area has started up successfully every time.
-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow