$800 price drop of D600 - will 6D follow?

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ZAnton
Contributing MemberPosts: 571Gear list
Like?
Thanks for help, last question
In reply to Press Correspondent, Dec 17, 2012

Press Correspondent wrote:

ZAnton wrote:

1) In germany (amazon.de) D800 - 2250 Euro, 5D3 - 3000 Euro

What, no Christmas (or eBay, or rebates) in Germany? Here in the US, 5D3 lists for $3,500, offered for $3,200, but everyone buys it for $2,500 or so.

In germany amazon is the cheapest and with good returning policy.

The second biggest reason against D800 for me was horrible skin tones. (This is he part where Nikon trolls must jump in to "boo" me.) Especially in low light. Really bad with the built-in flash. Some of that could be corrected with much effort in software, some could not. Perhaps the best way to describe it was when my wife asked: "You paid $3,000 for THIS?! I would've expected better for a modern camera in the $3,000 price range." Compared to my old 5D that produced stunning colors with no adjustments, it was but pathetic.

Just to be clear, are we are talking now about bad color in raw or in in-camera JPEG?

On dpreview page in raw-comparison colors of Nikon vs. Canon look absolutely either same, or very very close. I compared them also on ISO 6400.

ZAnton's gear list:ZAnton's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nopeNew
YepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow