Ken Rockwell: Don't buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
glo
glo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,080Gear list
Like?
Re: Ken Rockwell: Don't buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.
In reply to Click Click Rizzy, Dec 17, 2012

Hey Click Click,

Your post was about advice you need from this forum and not about KR, so the advice someone gave you earlier to leave his name out of your post is right on.

You did well with ordering the 24-70, I have that lens and love it. It's a performer regardless the reference to how old it is. I also have the 50 1.4 and use that too but for different reasons. If I had to  keep only one, I'd keep the 24-70 because of its versatility. So don't worry about having made the wrong decision.

I also bought the 24-85 to put on my wife's D600. It's not as good as the 24-70, but for the money it's a good lens. It has VR which I don't need for my shooting but she appreciates it.

So, if you have the money, stay the course you're on, you'll never be sorry you bought that lens.

glo

glo's gear list:glo's gear list
Nikon D3X Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Nikon D4s Nikon D810 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow