Ken Rockwell: Don't buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
nirvana0001
Contributing MemberPosts: 902
Like?
Re: Ken Rockwell: Don't buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.
In reply to wasserball, Dec 17, 2012

wasserball wrote:

nirvana0001 wrote:

Each lens has its own purposes, pros use whatever suits their task the best and so should everyone elses. KR is a troll, don't waste your time on his site.

You have no way to back up what you just said. I am certain Ken has much more experience with Nikon cameras and lens than you do.

And you have ways to to backup what you just said? Do you see KR shooting each Nikon's personally? AFAIK he did review products which he didn't own in the past. And how are you so sure my Nikon experience is less than his? Do you know me the entire life? I am not saying I do, but prior to this post, what you said is also speculation.

He offered an alternative to using the 24-70mm, a midrange zoom. That's is exactly what I did. I use a AF-S 50mm f1.8G for those situations.

As I said, each lens has its own purposes for. If 50 satisfy your shooting needs, chance is you don't need the 24-70. I've seen plenty of pros using the latter one for events and weddings.

The consequences of the 50mm is that I have to move around, but in most situation, that is NOT a problem.

Then by all mean stick with your 50. For many others this could be a problem. ie: wide angle indoor with limited space.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow