Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Nikon D600 and the images after the apology
Dec 17, 2012

So this is my d600 after 2,888 shutter count. I was the guy that recently apologized for jumping the gun and defending the d600 saying that people are blowing the dust issue out of proportion.

For what it is worth, I now see that it is unusually more and I also own the d70, d90 and d7000. If you check out my gallery I just uploaded some nice photos showing my fun fun dust/oil. This was after a cleaning with a blower. I plan to wet clean soon but to anyone that thinks this is normal, it is not. I do hear that the issue should calm down after 3,000-5,000 shutter counts so lets hope that is true. Before you ask, I am a paranoid person and very private and it is 330am and I did not feel like going thru exif and manually deleting serial number so all exif data was removed to make my life easier. Exposure was reduced and contrast added to show dust.

Is it the end of the world? No. Well maybe the 21st is but that is another story. The point is that this is a pain in the butt and not all people have the time, money or know how to deal with this issue nor should they have too. It is not a normal amount of dust/oil. End of story. 

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Nikon D600 Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow