Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,555Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens with "wow" effect !! :-))
In reply to Philippe R, Dec 17, 2012

Philippe R wrote:

Hi you all,

I have read a post on someone looking for a lens that produces a "wow" factor.....

So let's have it, what do you consider a lens with a definite "wow" effect

Please specify the lens, the body it's used on, and of course your use...

Include examples if you had some handy

For me two lenses stand out (and I would only like to comment lenses that I own)

1st one is the 135 f/2.0 L USM which produces a fantastic bokeh and exceptional sharpness wide open - just love this lens!

2nd and even more interesting lens is the 300 f/2.8 L IS USM II which is just breathtaking - even with 1.4x and 2x extenders - here are some examples:

all images wide open handheld - with Canon 5D II

I just love the bokeh and the sharpness and color rendering of the lens and it is still relatively lightweight and compact - IMHO a must have lens - much better then any 70-200 or 70-300 and I used to use the longer end on zooms anyhow

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow