Can You Control Exposure Compensation Manually When Shooting Manually (on DP2)?

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
REShultz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108
Like?
Re: Can You Control Exposure Compensation Manually When Shooting Manually (on DP2)?
In reply to Daedalus2000, Dec 17, 2012

Daedalus2000 wrote:

REShultz wrote:

When shooting in M mode (rarity for me), I've noticed that exposure is controlled by the camera. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by saying that in M mode exposure is controlled by the camera. M stands for Manual which means that you control all 3, iso, aperture and shutter speed. The camera just uses what you tell it to use. The number you see on the lcd right from the aperture is the under/over exposure calculated by the camera meter. I guess it is there as a guide.

I do not have my DP2 with me now, but I remember that you can not set iso to auto in M mode, so I guess this is the first to set manually (using the QS button or through the menu). Then you can control aperture and shutter speed using the left-right buttons and the zoom buttons. Which buttons control which is set at the menu. I think the default is left-right control aperture, zoom keys control shutter speed but you can change it from the menu.

Hope this helped.

D

Yes, thanks I should have clarified that I was talking about the original DP2. I was speaking of exposure compensation control which seems to be set automatically. Thanks for the insights here.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow