Burned movie has glitches?

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Questions thread
Multi-SportsMom
Contributing MemberPosts: 593Gear list
Like?
Re: Burned movie has glitches?
In reply to Sean Nelson, Dec 17, 2012

The clips started out as AVCHD. Burned on a DVD using WMM. How do i know what it was recorded at? Played it on a Magnavox tv that has the built in DVD player. Tried it on a portable DVD player and it was worse.

Ok I just check and when picking the "burn dvd" option it is 2.99Mbps

PS anyone else not get the e-mail notifications on here?

Sean Nelson wrote:

Multi-SportsMom wrote:

Burned a DVD using Windows Movie Maker. The video has parts that freeze. I am buring a new copy with another computer to see if it is the burner. What is usually the problem for this?

What kind of movie are you burning, and what are you trying to play it on? Most consumer DVD and BluRay players will only spin the disk so fast, and if you're recording a video that has too high a bit rate the player won't be able to read it quickly enough to play it smoothly. For example my Panasonic BDP-220 player will play 1080p60 video at 28Mbits/sec from a USB memory stick, but it stutters badly when trying to play the same video from a DVD.

BluRay discs have a higher data density and so they can play back higher-bitrate clips even if the disc doesn't spin any faster.

Multi-SportsMom's gear list:Multi-SportsMom's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow