Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Promit
Senior MemberPosts: 1,292Gear list
Like?
I don't shoot m4/3 because of size
Dec 17, 2012

Who else out there is shooting m4/3 not because it's small, but because it's ´╗┐technically better´╗┐ than its competitors?

Fast, accurate autofocus with no front/back focus issues. Large and bright electronic viewfinders. A better selection of lenses than APS-C cameras and better build quality on those lenses. Better video features. Bodies with more complete feature sets.

I appreciate the size difference. It's definitely nice to have, especially after using a full frame 70-200/2.8 for a day. But it's not the reason I'm using m4/3 cameras. With the new sensors we're seeing in recent cameras, the image gap with APS-C has closed. Simple fact is, I'd pick an OMD or GH3 over D7000 or 7D because the Oly and Pana mirrorless options are just better cameras at the end of the day*. That's me, anyway.

Promit's gear list:Promit's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony a77 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +11 more
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I doNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow