Nikon D400 at 2013 CES? Availability date?

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
csn
csn
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you so eager to be an unpaid beta tester?
In reply to ralittle2, Dec 17, 2012

ralittle2 wrote:

David Lal wrote:

I'd give it at least a year after it becomes available before I'd even think about buying one. Probably far longer. That way, other people can find out about potential autofocus issues, oil spots, banding etc. etc. Besides, my D300 is still an excellent camera and will be for years to come.

David

David, you certainly touched on something that I'm a bit fearful of, but I"m hoping that the QC issues will have been addressed. And you have a huge advantage over me in that you have a great camera in the meantime. I don't. I've got a D80 that doesn't meet the needs for my type of photography.

I was considering a D600 to replace my D200 but instead, I got a used D300s for $800 with only 823 counts on the shutter; it's practically brand new! I am totally elated because the D300s is a fantastic camera and will be for some time to come. I do want FX though but since I'm not impressed with the D600 and don't want to fork out $3.2K for a D800E, I am considering finding a used D700 body similar to my D300s.

csn's gear list:csn's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow