ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Reverb
Regular MemberPosts: 264
Like?
XSi/450D Does a 4K Hawaii Timelapse
Dec 17, 2012

Hi everyone,

I was a long time Digital Rebel user (the 300D and 450D were sufficient for me for more then a decade) who recently upgraded to a Nikon D800 but has been putting my old camera to good use in timelapse videos. Strange as it it may sound, the 450D/XSi resolution is sufficient for 4K and the sensor still holds it own.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a timelapse video that I put together while on a recent vacation to Hawaii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1R6a9cyD8

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have about putting together a video like this.

I did also post this in the D800 forum since I took a majority of the shots in the video with it. However, about a third of the scenes were shot with the 450D, including the opening and closing timelapse scene). The Canon was particularly useful since Nikons do not have the ability to do bulb ramping with the same precision as the Nikon.

Although I have finally retired the 450D from day to day still photo shooting, it served me very well over the past 5 years, as my 300D did for the preceding 5 years. I also wanted to thank many members of this forum for teaching me a lot about photography.

In case you are curious, all photos on my website (www.alexdimson.com) were shot on a digital rebel, save for the Hawaii gallery.

-- hide signature --

Reverb www.alexdimson.com

Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital) Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow