Questions to forum members and administrators?

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Simon Joinson
dpreview AdminPosts: 4,422Gear list
Like?
Re: This is a private owned site. They moderate it as they want...
In reply to Graystar, Dec 17, 2012

Graystar wrote:

Barrie Davis wrote:

Osvaldo Cristo wrote:

This is a private owned site. They moderate it as they want.

We, users of the site can express our opinions as you are doing now, and at most just to let the site if we strongly disagree with their criterions.

But the bottom line is: yes, their mod can do all are you talking about.

IMO the site is great if you consider it is free of charge.

Free or not... (I have paid in the past) ... I'm beginning to feel that the price of coming here is RISING!

I agree. I, for one, used to make many more posts than I currently do. I have thousands of helpful posts...the kind of posts that people come to forums for, when looking for information and advice (and the kind that boosts DPReview forum usage, and by extension, the value of the advertising space they sell.) But these recent changes have made the forum tedious to use, and this "mod" thing is annoying as well, and will likely cause me to make even fewer posts.

Why? Because if you call someone a **** or spam us you might be more quickly moderated?

I hope DPReview gets the returns it's expecting from these changes, 'cause they're certainly not going to get, from me, more of the revenue-boosting type of content they desire.\

Out of interest, what possible commercial benefit could be gained by adding some (long requested by a lot of people) new moderators? I mean yes it stops our reviewers wasting half their time moderating, which could result in more content and therefore could be beneficial to the site. But really, is it possible for you to consider that we might actually be trying to, you know, just make things better here?

The forum has more traffic than all other forums out there. So what does DPReview do? They make changes (and poorly executed changes to boot.) I just don't understand it.

You're not the one reading through the complaints every day - things were far from perfect here before we changed anything. We are actively trying to make the forums better. That's all.

SJ

-- hide signature --

Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief
dpreview.com
connect.dpreview.com

Simon Joinson's gear list:Simon Joinson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow