Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OvinceZ
Senior MemberPosts: 2,588Gear list
Like?
OMD-EM5 is a crazy camera!
Dec 17, 2012

I have owned this camera since June 7. Frustration after frustration have followed until I had to reset the camera settings to default and start again. I read suggestions from various experts to little or no avail. Some of the settings don't work. Like the magnified view. Now the camera takes photos by itself without touching the shutter or just pressing it halfway!  Lately the camera won't keep taking photos and will freeze and a blue light comes on. I have to turn it off then on before it will focus and let me take a photo. Absolutely crazy camera and totally user unfriendly.  To add insult to injury I bought an NEX7 on the same day and that one is also bizarre but tameable. Not the OMD! A lunatic of a camera for sure. Olympus should copy how Canon set up their cameras.

-- hide signature --

Everyone is an expert on dpreview!

OvinceZ's gear list:OvinceZ's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +14 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow