Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mgkaplan
Regular MemberPosts: 489Gear list
Like?
First outing with 6D
Dec 16, 2012

I picked up my 6D from Canoga Camera two weeks ago.

Since I have had a demanding business travel calendar, I did not have a chance to even unpack it from the box before this week.

Yesterday I took a few shots indoors with low light and high ISO.   Today I took it with me on my Sunday morning outing with my son.

Here are my initial observations:

- The camera was clearly more responsive than my 5Dii.

- Autofocus (with center point) was quick and right on.   Even in low light conditions, the center point found its spot quickly and locked right on.

- Image quality was excellent.

- Video quality was also excellent.  (Yes, I observed the moire described in the reviews, but it was no more visible than it was on the 5Dii.  Hopefully, a firmware fix down the road may be in order.)

- Equally important was the "friendliness" of the camera body.  This thing is small, light and comfortable to hold - much more so than any other camera body that I have had.   The form factor was more like the 60D than like the 5 or 7.)

- After a few more outings I hope to post a few images.

- Candidly, I think that I will have the same experience with the 6D as I did with the 70-300L.  - Underwhelming specs on paper - but an outstanding performer.

-- hide signature --

www.MichaelKaplanPhotography.com

mgkaplan's gear list:mgkaplan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +14 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow