Anything wide better for the price under $500 (used) than Nikon 20mm f/2.8D on a D7000?

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
gear1box
Contributing MemberPosts: 596Gear list
Like?
Re: Anything wide better for the price under $500 (used) than Nikon 20mm f/2.8D on a D7000?
In reply to tyyreaun, Dec 16, 2012

Ummm.  I will have to also endorse the comments above regarding modern zooms @ 20 mm; you may not get the max aperture, but yah do get the resolution and the modern ones have very useful VR (which doesn't work for all subjects, i know).

Which is why i selected the Samyang; 14mm is off the scale for mid-range zooms and -- while not  UWA territory -- the geometry starts driving very useful changes in FOV for every millimeter at the end of the scale.  And you get edge-to-edge resolution (at least in DX; i don't have FX).

For me it is perfect.  Maybe not for you.

-- hide signature --

gary ray

--
Semi-professional in early 1970s; just a putzer since then. interests: historical sites, virginia, motorcycle racing. A nikon user more by habit than choice; still, nikon seems to work well for me.

gear1box's gear list:gear1box's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow