ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baggie95
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
small greenscreen lighting question
Dec 16, 2012

Hey guys, 
I've been reading alot about setting up a lighting solution for a small greenscreen that will be attached behind myself, however I have not been able to find a suitable enough answer for my situation.

Basically, I have a small greenscreen that is situated behind me on a wall, it is 1.5 meters in width and 1 meter in length. The size of it is just perfect for what i need it for, which is recording 'facecam' style videos. however I am stuck as to what kind of lighting i would need to buy for this.

At first i have thought about work lights, since I have seen a few youtubers recommending them, and i found some at extremely cheap prices, however after some research I have come to a conclusion that they are not good as they produce horizontal lines on camera due to the mains frequency.

Now I'm leaning more towards the fluorescent tube lights. Only problem is, i have no clue as to what wattage or what size would be enough in my case.

I have found a few lights that I could buy, however I need some advice on which one would be the right one. Just to point out, I'm looking for the cheapest and best solution i can find.

1- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Cabinet-Light-Ideal-Kitchen/dp/B00353D2EU/ref=pd_sim_ce_10

2-http://www.energybulbs.co.uk/products/Fluorescent+Tubes/T4+Fluorescent+Tubes+12mm+-+1%2F2+Inch+Diameter)/Greenbrook+20W+Ultraslim+Link+Triphosphor+Fitting/1686153998

I am no expert on lights and wattage, however from what i have been reading, i would need 2 lights, either on the sides or on top and bottom of the greenscreen, and with 2 lights the 20W choice might be slight overkill for the small space that i have behind me. And people seem to say that the small 8W lights are fairly bright aswell which might just be good enough.

I know that this is a really 'beginner' kind of question but i would appreciate any kind of input that the more experienced people might have on this forum.

Thank you in advance,

-Baggie95

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow