Started Dec 16, 2012 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 1
small greenscreen lighting question
Dec 16, 2012

Hey guys, 
I've been reading alot about setting up a lighting solution for a small greenscreen that will be attached behind myself, however I have not been able to find a suitable enough answer for my situation.

Basically, I have a small greenscreen that is situated behind me on a wall, it is 1.5 meters in width and 1 meter in length. The size of it is just perfect for what i need it for, which is recording 'facecam' style videos. however I am stuck as to what kind of lighting i would need to buy for this.

At first i have thought about work lights, since I have seen a few youtubers recommending them, and i found some at extremely cheap prices, however after some research I have come to a conclusion that they are not good as they produce horizontal lines on camera due to the mains frequency.

Now I'm leaning more towards the fluorescent tube lights. Only problem is, i have no clue as to what wattage or what size would be enough in my case.

I have found a few lights that I could buy, however I need some advice on which one would be the right one. Just to point out, I'm looking for the cheapest and best solution i can find.

I am no expert on lights and wattage, however from what i have been reading, i would need 2 lights, either on the sides or on top and bottom of the greenscreen, and with 2 lights the 20W choice might be slight overkill for the small space that i have behind me. And people seem to say that the small 8W lights are fairly bright aswell which might just be good enough.

I know that this is a really 'beginner' kind of question but i would appreciate any kind of input that the more experienced people might have on this forum.

Thank you in advance,

This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow