Question concerning Win 8

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gary Coombs
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,198
Like?
Re: Question concerning Win 8
In reply to Dave19, Dec 16, 2012

Dave19 wrote:

I recently bought a Toshiba 23" AIO Deck top computer. My question that I haven't seen addressed (maybe I have over looked the posts) is how many users that use a desk top sit close enough to the screen to use the touch screen feature?

Where I sit I can not reach the screen and if I move closer a smaller screen would be required.

I'm NOT saying Win 7 is better then Win 8, only that I don't think a touch screen is practical for a desk top IF you can't touch the screen without moving back and forth.

-- hide signature --

Dave
Canon A80, A620

I've had my Samsung ATIV 700T tablet for a month now running Windows 8 and really like it.

It replaces a desktop running Windows 7 and a 24" monitor.

I agree with you. There is no way I will upgrade my old desktop with a non-touch screen monitor to Windows 8. When I try to use it now I am constantly trying to adjust things by touching the screen. I now much prefer my IPS 1920 x 1080 11.6" Windows 8 touch screen at close range over the old 24" Monitor at arms length. I sure never thought that would happen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow