Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RonHendriks
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Timelapse
Dec 16, 2012

I made last friday a timelapse with my K-01 (and FA31mm) from the trip we made from the soccerstadium in Eindhoven to the playingfields off SC Heerenveen. A 220 km drive over the Dutch low grounds. In the rain and getting night, but also some scenery (no grand canyon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4fia04bO8&list=UUhPXdAt2VdBDKZK8sz03GVw&index=1

It seems that the settings for movie also work for timelapse. I put it to Av with f4 and auto-iso. So the max iso-setting off iso3200 is limiting in moviemode and then the shutterreleasetime goes up. I think this is a cool future. It does hit hard on the shutter, since this where 1800 images on the shutter. There is limited controll over the timelapse. I choose a 5 seconds sequence, but maybe 3 seconds would work better. We can only choose 1 second, 5, 10, 30....and on. The max is 2100 images, or a 7 minute timelapse or shorter when the 99 hours timelapsetiming is exceeded.

Would be great for future camera's with little more controll.

RonHendriks's gear list:RonHendriks's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited +6 more
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow