Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paulj623
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
7d landscape focus question
Dec 16, 2012

Hello. I have a simple question that probably does not have a simple answer. The idea of focusing 1/3 of the way into your shot with say f/11 to get the sharpest photo is simple. Pretty much you can use center point lock focus and recompose. Could I not get the same effect if I just selected the single point right below center point or the point 2 below center point. This seems to be about 1/3 of the way into the picture. I thought that is the nice thing about being able to choose the focus point you want. What would be the difference in just doing it this way vs. center point lock then recompose?  please keep in mind this is for leisure photography. You will not be seeing any of my pics in magazines any time soon.

paulj623's gear list:paulj623's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +4 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow