Sony a57 rubber peeling off after only 4 months.

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
DutchMM
Contributing MemberPosts: 726Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony a57 rubber peeling off after only 4 months.
In reply to dpukio, Dec 16, 2012

You said in your original post that Sony has subcontracted servicing to some local third party.  I think you should ask Sony to confirm that they have also delegated to this third party the right to decide whether any particular claim falls within Sony's warranty.

If Sony says "No", then you can tell them that their subcontractor is doing a lousy job, and BTW, trashing their brand image.  And ask them to put you in contact with someone who can make your camera fulfill all the promises for which you bought it.

If Sony says "Yes", then you can tell the world that Sony's warranty doesn't cover the buyer against bits of camera falling off.  In the first instance, of course, you can suggest to Sony that they might prefer you not to.  And that if they fixed this problem, you would be quiet.

My consumer satisfaction experience, based in Europe, suggests you find the highest executive in the country, and make contact with him.   When I had problems with the build quality of a new house in the UK, I wrote to the Chief Executive of the quoted building company, and two days later everything had been fixed.  When you run into any opposition on the swichboard, just ask "Put me in touch with your manager, please"

-- hide signature --

Paypal? Just say "No!"

DutchMM's gear list:DutchMM's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow