Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ChrisJS
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: well, after my griping
In reply to Pikme, Dec 16, 2012

Pikme wrote:

I tried it and it does seem really good. A little clunky with view refreshes, but that might be my slower speed computer. Very good aberration controller and I like the dynamic range expansion as it doesn't look like HDR.

-- hide signature --

Roberto M.

Hi Roberto,

This may be of interest... not saying that your computer is slow now..

For slower computers such as notebooks etc you can select a parameter in the Dispay in the Settings .. There's a quote from the manual below - see note (2)... works very well, keep zoom below 100% and it is quick - fine for exposure - WB - HDR - Black levls etc... zoom to 100% or above and it reverts to 2 stages...  Quite nifty really - looks like I'm stealing the wifes little notebook when travelling - something I previously discounted with RAW editing and ACR....

Kind Regards
Chris

(1)Display development results in 2-stage display

(2)Quick display of only simple developing results
This setting first displays simple results quickly, and then switches to full development results in stages as parts are completed. Use this under normal circumstances.
You will need to check at a display magnification over 100% when adjusting parameters such as sharpness and false color controls that can only be confirmed on full development previews, but you can largely control the CPU load and memory consumed and easily adjust parameters.
Test to see if SILKYPIX's responses are slow during the process of adjusting development parameters while looking at the preview display, such as when the PC you use has little memory (less than 1GB) or the PC you use has a low CPU processing capability such as notebook computers.
This setting shows only the simple preview display, without making a full development preview, if preview display magnification is under 100%.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow