iPad use: ADMINS ! I am TOTALLY fed up !!!!

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,920Gear list
Like?
Re: iPad use: ADMINS ! I am TOTALLY fed up !!!!
In reply to sgoldswo, Dec 16, 2012

sgoldswo wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

Admins, fix your totally crappy forum post editor. It creates havoc with the text I am editing. Using the forum with an iPad is useless. If this continues, you loose me as a reader.

On a side note, please stop your site dominated by this CONNECT and mobile stuff!

Do more camera and lens reviews. This site is so terrifically in decline, despite the nice announcement of a new concept of lens reviews, which yields almost no results yet.

Instead, spamming with CONNECT stuff continues.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

Agree - I end up with gobbledegook if I post here with an iPad, there is no issue if I use other websites/forums. The spell checker keeps grabbing a word and a half for some reason. A particular triumph last week was taking "canikon" plus half of another word and translating it to "anuses" and "had to" to "haddock"....

I should note that it is something to do with the site as I can get the spell checker working fine on posts to other fora.

I think that the problem is due to the fact that double spellcheckers are in action and that creates havoc. I dn't want to deactivate the iPad spellchecker since English isn't my native language and I visit other forums where I need it. They should just check for the device I used and deactivate their own spellchecker when an iPad is detected.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow