Any ideas on how well Fuji X series are selling?

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,475Gear list
Like?
Re: Japan Market Share
In reply to bartolyni, Dec 16, 2012

bartolyni wrote:

No doubt something is acutely and chillingly lacking in your life...this can not be normal!! You need to have a very deep moment of reflection and look for better ways to heal the wound inside you! Bashing everything Fuji can not and will not be a lasting solution….

rattymouse wrote:

Kokeen4231 wrote:

Well, Fujifilm sales are largely dependent on the x series.

From where I come from, Singapore, at least fuji is doing not to bad. At one of the biggest photo outlets in Singapore, according to survey Fuji was the no. 2 bestseller displacing Nikon but behind the no.1 Canon. Mainly because of the x series.

In Japan, I heard this from a fuji guy that the x pro 1 sold so well that they recieved complaints of lack of stock.

Just as the X-E1 came out there was a large industry study on the mirrorless market in Japan. Fujifilm's market share came in at 2% or less. Waaaay beyind Olympus, Panasonic, Nikon, Pentax, and even Canon (where the M was released only 1 month or so earlier).

http://www.cameradebate.com/2012/mirrorless-market-share-2011-2012/

It will be interesting to see if Fujifilm's X-E1 improves these numbers.

On a side note, I went back and looked at each annual corporate report from Fujifilm all the way back to 2005. In every year from 2012 down to 2005, Fujifilm's Imaging Solutions group (where digital cameras reside) has lost money. Every year. Not one penny in profit.

That stat I found absolutely amazing. I wonder what year Fujifilm last made any money in cameras.

When the x100 was first released, fuji claimed thay sold twice more than expected.

In hond kong where I was recently, many shops said to buy the x e1 you had to pre order as they sold quite fast. Could be due to limited stock but who knows.

Know fuji has a lens roadmap up to the end of 2013 and they have patented a new sensor with phase detection this time, so expect faster cameras.

In the near future, I feel fuji x has hope.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

If you would be so kind as to point out the bashing... That would be swell.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow