RX-1 off-focus!! (or are my eyes blurry)

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoshoto
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
RX-1 off-focus!! (or are my eyes blurry)
Dec 16, 2012

I finally got my RX-1 yesterday, and then took a bunch of photos of my kids moving around the house and found that even with speeds of 1/250, the shots that were sharp were only where the subject was still. Overall I love the pics, but am troubled by the AF (not just speed, but accuracy mostly)

I went to Best Buy today to compare the AF with the D600, since it was on sale and a friend wanted to buy it.

We shot 20+ shots with the RX-1 of the salesman and my friend, and I am sharing the sharpest onces I could gather out of the lot (the rest are not sharp at all!)

So with that background, HERE'S MY Question- Is my RX-1 off-focus or something, because my eyes still don't find these shots that tack sharp. I can upload the RAW files if you guys want to see those as well.

You guys are way smarter than I am about these things, so please advise, since I am bummed about the purchase because I am not seeing that lens being tack sharp for me.

photoshoto's gear list:photoshoto's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow