3D Panorama = headache

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cullings
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Re: 3D Panorama = headache
In reply to thesilverfox, Dec 16, 2012

I've had good luck with my NEX5 3D modes.  And I'm very disappointed that Sony did not include 3D in my new NEX6 (or the A99)!  I prefer the 16:9 aspect ratio to the sweep panorama modes.  I view the images on my Sony VAIO VPCL2390X 3D equipped computer.

It takes a little practice to acquire 3D picture taking skills.  For example, the bigger the sweep arc, the bigger the effective interocular distance (3D depth effect).  Try smaller arcs.

Perhaps your TV has an adjustment to increase/decrease the 3D effect (my VAIO does). Anyway I wouldn't think headaches should be a problem for viewing a few photographs.  It's not like viewing a 90 minute movie.

For best 3D pictures on your TV, perhaps you would like the Sony TD-20 camcorder.  It's true 3D with two parallel video paths.  I would have bought one except for the fact that it cannot take 3D still pictures (just 2D stills). JVC has one that does both but it's last generation - I'm hoping they will make a new smaller-sized model like Sony did.   - John C.

thesilverfox wrote:

Just bought a 3D tv and remembered seeing a 3D mode on my NEX 5N when I first bought it and that I had ignored since I didn't have a TV to see them on. So I thought I would give it a try.

I guess it's just a gimmick because I couldn't look at the pictures it produced for very long on the TV without getting a headache. The result was terrible, with the 3D completely overdone making it difficult to focus on anything in the picture.

I won't be using that feature again

Cullings's gear list:Cullings's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow